BLog Note:


[Updated as information is declassified.]




Click the images for a larger view…

Feel free to leave thoughts/well wishes below the posting (click ‘Comments’).

Friday, August 26, 2011

Greg’s Fifth Letter:

                                                                               Aug 20
Dear Dad & Sandy

Thank you for the B-day wishes!
I would've gotten smoked if the drill sergeants [had known]. Only like 2 people knew about my B-day until today. I don't feel any older.

We got up at 4am to do a ruck march to the grenade range. I don't know how many pounds the ruck sack is, but it was heavier then my school backpack (when I had one)  haha. But I guess the good thing is, we got to throw grenades. They were pretty sweet   haha.
The bunker we threw from had a little window so we could watch it blow up and put a hole in the ground.

Today we did a grenade throwing course and I think everyone passed so that's the end of grenades.

Monday we start American weapons. We'll get to fire a 40mm grenade launcher, a grenade launcher attached to our weapon, a saw machine gun… and an AT4 rocket launcher. That should be fun. Other then that I don't know what we're gonna be doing next week.

That sucks I had to miss the [Woodward Dream] cruise though. I miss the partying too  hahaha.

The envelope my mom got about the graduation info, they gave us 1 envelope and we put an address on it and gave it back so we have no idea what you got but we could only send 1 so we'll have to have my mom copy it or somethin.

I'm not sure whats going on after graduation, but I think once they ship me to Virginia and I check in there, they'll give me a pass to leave.

Last Sunday we didn't get phone privileges.

I'm not sure whats gonna happen tomorrow. It seems like we'll get them but yet it also seems like we won't.

The only thing that makes basic hard, is not having the things you're used to having, like phone, music, pop, candy, and bigger portions of food! If we had that, basic wouldn't be so bad.

That's about all I can think of right now. I wanna hurry up and get this letter out but it'll probably end up in sunday's mail to be shipped on monday.

I love and miss you guys, thanks for the B-day wishes  : )

                                                                                      -Greg-

No comments:

Post a Comment